We decided to make the drive back home from Keystone to Indianola. According to the Garmin GPS it would take 10 hours. We left Keystone about 09:30am. Stopped in Rapid City to fill up the car. On the road again.
We stopped at the Prairie Homestead located at the near the entrance of Badlands National Park on Highway 240. The homestead has a original sod house built in 1909 and a few other outbuildings built by pioneers. This is the second time we have been to the homestead. You really appreciate the things you have now but also realize that life was simpler. No electricity, phones, television or internet. I think if I was going to go without all those luxuries I would rather live in the wooded mountains instead of a barren prairie. I took some pictures of the homestead. Check them out. From the homestead we drove the rest of the way with a couple breaks.
Mari drove Mitchell, SD to just north of Sioux City. We got back to Indinaola about 9:40pm. We had our welcome committee (weird neighbors) to the south of across the street out watching. I pulled into the driveway and they first were at their window watching. We did not get out of the car after I shut it off. They were pretty quick to get outside watching from their porch. They soon were in their yard at the edge of the street watching, trying to see how we were in the car (rental). A few more minutes they were in the street trying to get a better angle and look to see who we were. I quickly stared the car, backed out and went around the block. As I drove back by them I slowed down so they could see who it was. I then pulled around to our driveway and backed in. Got out of the car and they decided go back in their house. We unpacked the car. Our cat, Fish, was pretty excited to see us. Now she meowing and wanting to go outside. Dad kept an eye on her and would not let her out while were gone. Tomorrow we got to go pickup Lola from the vet. Lola stayed at the vet because she is very hyper and likes to get into trouble. Take the rental car to the airport. Then sometime in the afternoon Lizzie and Patches get to come home from Grandma Carolyn's.
Mari drove Mitchell, SD to just north of Sioux City. We got back to Indinaola about 9:40pm. We had our welcome committee (weird neighbors) to the south of across the street out watching. I pulled into the driveway and they first were at their window watching. We did not get out of the car after I shut it off. They were pretty quick to get outside watching from their porch. They soon were in their yard at the edge of the street watching, trying to see how we were in the car (rental). A few more minutes they were in the street trying to get a better angle and look to see who we were. I quickly stared the car, backed out and went around the block. As I drove back by them I slowed down so they could see who it was. I then pulled around to our driveway and backed in. Got out of the car and they decided go back in their house. We unpacked the car. Our cat, Fish, was pretty excited to see us. Now she meowing and wanting to go outside. Dad kept an eye on her and would not let her out while were gone. Tomorrow we got to go pickup Lola from the vet. Lola stayed at the vet because she is very hyper and likes to get into trouble. Take the rental car to the airport. Then sometime in the afternoon Lizzie and Patches get to come home from Grandma Carolyn's.
No comments:
Post a Comment